If you are not sure how to open OST data file without Exchange Server. And need to transfer data in Microsoft Outlook? If the answer of these questions is yes then have a look at this post. It will help you to get the finest solutions of your problems. Through this post, you will get the solution in few easy clicks.
Exchange users are aware of this fact that OST file permits them to operate in offline mode. When the connection re-establishes, the changes made in offline mode are automatically synced. OST file associated with Exchange Server is easy to deal with but the situation becomes complicated when you need to open orphaned OST file without Exchange Server and Outlook. So, considering this, we will show you ways to open OST mailbox data file without Exchange Server or Outlook program.
Understand the need to open OST file without using Exchange Server
- When a user wants to view data of orphan OST file without installing Outlook/Exchange Server.
- When users need to read OST file email headers.
- It is good to export OST file data into PDF for investigation purposes.
Here, we have discussed some common issues which users deal with orphan OST files. But by making use of automated program, one can open and view data of OST file without Exchange Server/MS Outlook.
Now, let us know the facts about different versions of MS Outlook.
- OST Repair option is different as per versions of Microsoft Outlook
- Repair Tool is available inbuilt in Outlook 2000 and 2003
- In Outlook 2007, the repair tool is replaced with Office Diagnostic Tools
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, they have repair option but only work for repairing Outlook installation files and registry entries.
- Repair and recreating OST file is simpler only in Outlook 2013 and 2016.
Advanced program to open OST database file without connecting to Exchange Server
With OST Converter Software, one can easily view content of OST file without using Outlook or Exchange Server. This program makes it simple to open orphan OST files with all details. Users can easily access emails, contacts, attachments, calendars, and other items of OST file with it. This app comes with smart & easy interface and offers numerous amazing features.
- Open Outlook OST file all data items like emails, contacts, notes, tasks, calendars, etc.
- Its advance mode will help you to recover deleted emails from OST file.
- Capable to export Outlook OST file of huge size, corrupted, orphaned and inaccessible.
- No data loss and security issues with this advanced program
- Various formats to export OST emails like PDF, VCF, CSV, NSF, HTML, ICS, MSG, EML, EMLX, Office 365 and IMAP.
- Allow loading multiple OST files together to open and save into desired file format.
- Deep filters are provided to export desired items from OST data file.
- Instant scan and broadcasting of OST mailbox items prior export into required format.
- Fully tested and verified solution to open & export data of OST file.
- No limits are imposed on size & number of OST files to open with this tool.
How to run this professional tool to independently open OST data file?
- This automated tool is easy to download, install and run on your Windows system for opening OST data file.
- To view OST file, use the given Browse button and add it on the software panel.
- With inbuilt scan, get OST data items in preview pane. To go to export options, hit the Export button.
- Select desired format to save OST mailbox items. And use filters to export particular items from OST file.
- Again, use the provided Browse button and mention location to save the resultant file.
- For immediate export, hit Convert button.
Manually opening OST file without Exchange by recreating OST file
OST files can be easily downloaded from the server to see its data. For this, beneath are the steps:
- Terminate Outlook from Task Manager
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Mail option
- Mail setup exchange box will open.
- Choose Email accounts
- Account Settings dialogue box will open
- Choose Data Files tab and select your file
- Pick OST file and then click on Open File Location
- Right-click on OST file and delete it.
Note: Before deleting OST file, close Account Setting and Mail setup window otherwise you may get error messages.
This will automatically create another OST file by downloading data from Exchange Server.
Note: In case you are working with Outlook 2010 then it will not support manual technique.
Therefore, by taking care of all these things, users can view and read OST mailbox items without Exchange/Outlook. You can possibly go for these steps when Exchange Server and Outlook are properly synced up.
OST file is very beneficial for users but users may face issues in case of opening OST files without Outlook/Exchange Server. Therefore, in this article, we have disclosed ways to open data of OST file without support of Exchange & Outlook. Users may go for manual solution but when OST file is inaccessible, only automated program will help users. The entire process with automated program is explained in this post. For deep evaluation of the program, go for free demo version before you buy it.