Need for migrating IBM Notes data to Outlook desktop? Facing issues in migrating data from IBM Notes to MS Outlook? If this is your problem then it’s time to resolve it. Read this guide till the end to get an ultimate solution to migrate IBM Notes mailboxes to Outlook desktop application.
Nowadays, users are attracting towards Microsoft Outlook and many IBM Notes users are opting MS Outlook as primary email client for email communication. This arise need for migrating data from HCL Notes to Microsoft Outlook application. Users are opting Outlook because of its extraordinary features. It comes with simple GUI and high security features due to which users are choosing Outlook in large numbers.
Reasons of Preferring Outlook Instead of HCL Notes
- Microsoft Outlook is capable of fulfilling all needs of users by allowing easy management of everything like email management, contact management, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, and other data items.
- The latest version of MS Outlook is more refined and Microsoft Corporation which has provided Outlook is a trusted brand so this can be one main reason for users to go with MS Outlook as their email client.
- Microsoft Outlook program can be used offline when there is no internet connectivity. The tasks performed during offline mode will be automatically synchronized with the server after getting internet connectivity.
- The friendly user interface of Outlook makes it prime choice of users as their email client. It is comfortably operated by technical as well as non-technical users. Also, its high level security features helps users to complete needs of corporate levels.
- If users prefer using cloud applications then Outlook.com is a good option for them. This is the best option if users don’t want to use Outlook desktop program.
Free Manual Technique to Convert HCL Notes Data to Outlook
If you want a free technique for converting HCL Notes emails into Outlook then no worries there is completely freeware solution for this. However, you must be careful while using manual methods as they have few limitations.
Before commencing the migration, you need to note down few important points.
• You must take backup of data of Lotus Notes client. In this way, you can save your important database from losing in case of any disaster by restoring data from backup.
• To migrate IBM Notes mailbox items into Outlook, you must convert the data into PST format as Lotus Notes NSF file is not supported in MS Outlook.
• Remember to successfully configure IBM Notes and Outlook application on the system prior executing the conversion task.
Now, start the migration process with manual method.
Steps to Manually Convert IBM Notes Mailboxes to MS Outlook
Step 1. Export data from IBM Notes
- Launch IBM Notes program on your computer
- Go to Mail tab from menu
- Now, go to File option
- Here, choose Export button
- Pick Tabular Text .csv format
- Then press Continue button.
- Browse the path for resultant file and press Export button
Step 2. Import it into Microsoft Outlook
- In MS Outlook, go to File
- Hit Open & Export and then for Import/Export
- In opened wizard, pick Import from other application or file. Then, hit Next.
- Go with option ‘CSV’ and press Next.
- Use Browse button to add CSV file to import into Outlook.
- Pick option to exclude duplicates and click Next.
- Now, pick folder where you want to import data.
- Finally, press Finish button.
- The manual method procedure is very lengthy and time consuming task.
- Non-tech users might confuse in understanding the manual method
- Large size database from IBM Notes is not advised to convert into Outlook
- Sometimes, users may face data loss and file corruption issues with manual method.
Expert Solution to Safely Convert HCL Notes to Outlook Desktop
To get rid of issues with manual solutions, we suggest using automated solutions to safely migrate HCL Notes to Outlook desktop. This is a perfect and verified program to quickly convert IBM Notes emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals, attachments, etc. into Outlook based PST file. With 4-5 simple steps, all data of IBM Notes is automatically transferred into Outlook desktop.
- Properly install and launch the HCL Notes to MS Outlook Conversion Tool.
- Once it runs, add your IBM Notes NSF file.
- With inbuilt scan feature, NSF file is well scanned and then provided on the screen.
- Hit Export button and then pick PST format to save the data items.
- Set destination path for saving PST file.
- To commence the process, press Convert Now button.
Remarkable Features of IBM Notes to Microsoft Outlook Converter Tool
- This effortless professional program is capable of converting any large size IBM Notes file to Outlook desktop.
- This utility is fully secure and well inspected hence no risk of losing data or file corruption is there.
- Filter and preview facility is instilled with this automated program.
- This utility is very comfortable to use easily by novice users without any hassles.
- The software always provide Unicode PST file which users can import in all newer versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- This smart software will run comfortably on Windows latest and older versions without any trouble.
- The software smartly supports NSF files of HCL Notes 11.0, 10.0, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0 and others.
Related Post:- Convert Address Book from Lotus Notes to Outlook
I believe after checking this post, it becomes so easy for home and business users to convert address book from lotus notes to outlook. Here, we have disclosed both manual and expert techniques. Both are well tested, you can pick them as per your suitability. However, automated program is highly recommended so that you won’t face any kind of data loss during the conversion process.